analytics & adsense

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

07-01-15 Major tree trimming & first tree removal!


Miss Bella enjoys being outside with me when I'm working on the grounds. I like having her nearby so that she might alert me to any critters nearby that I don't see myself first.



This is a midway picture of a tree that I cut down. 



On the left is a before shot of this pitiful, ugly dead tree. It was in the center, front of the house on the front side of the bamboo so it was the FIRST thing I saw every time I came home. I checked it out and there was no saving it. So I set out to chop it down. This was my first "tree removal" and just my 3rd time ever using a chainsaw.



Tree down!



Here are some pics of taking out that tree! Chain came off again but since I had figured out how to fix it last time I was able to quickly get it back on this time and proceed! A proud moment!



Before and after!


Then I took to the driveway area to trim the 4 trees to the right that lead to the house. Of them 3 looked pretty bad but salvageable and the one to the far left (which you can barely see because it has no green on it).





















A lot done! Got it all gathered up into 2 piles. I was going to burn it like that then it dawned on me later that it all needs to be chopped up smaller before I can burn it and I should cut up some of it for fire wood!











Riley playing outside with his new airplane! I love anything that he does that gets him outside! =D






After getting the trees all trimmed up I fertilized them all!






Two of these trees have some root exposure which I can only assume is due to the aggressive east to west cross winds we get here regularly. So I'll need to figure out how to fix that and prevent it!





XoXo,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment